If you suffer from acne, this can be very embarrassing, and uncomfortable. You may even think that you’ll never be able to get the problem under control, however, all is not lost, and in this article we aim to give you some information on not just one acne home treatment, but a few.
The reason for this is it will probably take you a while to find the right acne home treatment for you, and that’s why patience, and perseverance is something you will need. There are no miracle cures for acne, and if you’re serious about getting it under control, you need to know your spots won’t clear-up overnight.
Acne Home Treatment – The Basics
Many people think acne is caused by poor hygiene, and this simply isn’t true. In fact, you may be frustrated that you’ve stepped up your hygiene routine, only to find that your acne is worse. The reason for this is “over-cleansing”.
The more you rub at your skin, and the more different products you use when getting rid of acne fast, the more irritable your skin will become, and in turn, you’ll suffer more spots. Listed below are some of the most common regimes you should follow as an acne home treatment:
- Only wash your skin morning, and night, and make sure you don’t use abrasive items such as sponges, or face-cloths, and DEFINITELY do not rub at your skin.
- When you wash, use a cleanser that has been formulated for sensitive skin, and has active ingredients that will aid as an acne solution.
- If you have long hair, keep it off your face, and the reason for this is your hair contains oils that can block your pores. You should also consider washing your hair every-day when getting rid of acne fast to help keep these oils at bay.
- Take a multi-vitamin each day, and before you decide on which one, speak to a professional about what vitamins will best help as an acne home treatment.
- Chromium is usually associated with weight-loss, but it’s also very useful while getting rid of acne fast because it’s excellent at healing wounds on the skin, so this should be another supplement you should consider taking.
- If you can, avoid wearing make-up, this will only block your pores, and cause more pimples. If you can’t do without it, keep the time you wear make-up to a minimum, and only use water based products, or products that are formulated for sensitive skin.
- Above all, DON’T pick, or pop your pimples, this will not make them go away, and contrary to popular belief, this is not a good method when treating acne marks or scars.
- Zenmed Acne Treatment, this Derma Cleanse formulation is created for long-term clear skin. Zenmed have based all of our formulations on the exfoliating qualities of alpha and beta hydroxy acids that will prevent dead skin build-up from happening in the first place, hence preventing pimple formation. This inspired approach treats all steps of the Acne cycle. Click Here to visit Zenmed official site to see the product I’m talking about.
Getting Rid of Acne Fast – What you should know
Whilst following the above guidelines will help when getting rid of acne, there are a couple of other things you can do. If you’re currently taking medically prescribed medicine for your acne, you may start to notice you’re sensitive to the sun. If this is the case, check with your doctor. This is also true of some acne products you can buy over the counter at your local pharmacy, so check on these as well.
If you’re told you stay out of the sun, make sure you follow this advice, and if you can’t avoid it, use a sun-block for sensitive skin that won’t block your pores.
You should also make sure you steer clear of any greasy products that can irritate your skin. In fact the more natural the products you use, the better.
Acne Home Treatment – Natural Methods
As a cleanser, you may be surprised that you can use fresh grapes. All you need to do is take 3 or 4 grapes from the fridge, cut them open, and rub the flesh over your skin. This will help to cleanse, and cool your skin, but make sure you follow with a cool water rinse afterwards. Below are a few more tips on acne home treatment:
- Cucumber is a great acne home treatment if you’re suffering from dry skin, and pimples that are starting to heal, but feel rough. There are a couple of ways you can use cucumber. Firstly, blend 1 cup of oatmeal, with 1 small cucumber. Mix this with one teaspoon of yogurt, and apply as a mask. Leave it for 30 minutes, and then wash off. Another way you can use cucumber when getting rid of acne fast is to mash a whole cucumber, and then strain the liquid from it. Mix this with 1 tablespoon of sugar, and apply to your skin. This acne remedy should only be left on for 10 minutes and then gently rinsed off.
- If you don’t have the time to prepare a face mask, you can use natural honey. The only thing you need to make sure you do is rinse with warm water before applying the honey, because this will help open your pores. Leave the honey for 30 minutes, rinse off, and finish with some cold water to close your pores again.
- Yet another acne home treatment is yogurt and yeast, and this is perfect if you have oily skin. Brewer’s yeast is best for this acne home treatment, and you will need 1 teaspoon mixed with some plain yogurt. Apply the mixture to all the oil prone parts of your skin, as well as your pimples. This should be left on for about 15 to 20 minutes. Again, rinse off with warm water, and finish off with a splash of cold to close your pores.
These are just a few select acne home remedies you can choose from, and the best thing about them is they won’t cost you an inordinate amount of money, and most of the ingredients can be found around your home.
The other added benefit is you won’t have to worry about harmful side effects because all the ingredients are completely natural. However, it is always worth doing a skin test first, and if you’re allergic to any of the foodstuffs mentioned, consult your doctor before trying them. For more information on acne home treatment please watch this video: