Let`s talk about Acne Diet. Whilst many people who suffer from acne will pay a visit to their doctor, or speak to their pharmacist about the best products they can apply to their skin, you have to remember that looking after your-self from the inside is also important.
It’s a little known fact that your skin is the largest organ in your body, and it will react to the type of diet you have. In this article, we aim to give you some tips on the type of acne dietary you should follow, and which foods, and beverages you should avoid, and which you should include in your day-to-day diet.
What Should Be Part of Your Acne Diet
- Water – This is something that’s hugely important. Your body is made up of 60% water, and if you don’t stay hydrated, it will cause your skin to dry out, and this won’t help your acne. It’s recommended you drink at least 6-8 glasses per day. However, this should be sipped throughout the day, and not drank all at once.
- Foods Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids – When you hear the words “fatty” and “acid” in the same sentence, you may be forgiven for thinking this is the very last thing you should do if you want clearer skin. However, certain coldwater fish contains a high amount of Omega-3, and this has an anti-inflammatory effect on your skin. The best fish is salmon, herring, mackerel, trout, and albacore tuna. If you don’t like to eat fish, you can opt for a fish oil capsule each day, or there are other foods that are rich in Omega-3 such as beans, walnuts, and flaxseeds.
- Fruit and Vegetables – It may sound boring, but these should definitely play a part if you want to get rid of acne, and the reason for this is they contain important vitamins, and antioxidants that will keep your skin healthy, and reduce inflammation.
What Should Not Be Part of Your Acne Diet
- Alcohol and Caffeine – These are something you should cut-out if you’re following a diet simply because they dehydrate you, so cross them off the list for now.
- Omega-6 Fats – Unlike Omega-3 fats, Omega-6 should not be part of your acne home treatment, and these are present in all foods high in saturated fats, so fried food should be off the menu. You should also avoid certain oils such vegetable, corn, soybean, and cottonseed. The reason these should not be part of your acne dietary is because they cause inflammation.
- Refined Carbohydrates – These should also not be part of your diet, and the worst offenders are white bread, pasta, flour, sugar and rice. These foods will not cause acne, but can make it worse, and the reason for this is they stimulate the production of insulin.
Too much insulin with your acne dietary will trigger the release of certain male hormones, which in turn, produce sebum. Sebum is something that will cause your pores to block, and this is when acne can present itself, so leave these out of your acne diet for now. For more information on Foods to Eat and to Avoid please watch this video: [youtube]http://youtu.be/7Tye3TcV86E[/youtube]